Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Punchline

I guess it's a world of punchlines. Having a punchline is as important for a meaningful existence as having an NRI dad, with earning in dollars and spending in rupees. Critically examining the following punchlines, I have decided to have one of my own.

SingingFish - It's a strange world. Fish it.
Pangea3 - The world is yours. Profit from it.
CNBC-TV18 - Profit from it.

So, here goes mine:

I am dumb. Profit from it.

I guess one way of cooking punchlines is to see what's happening with the entity, in this case - me, put it to words (5-10) and call it your punchline. So you know what's been happening to me!

Of course, the other way is to just copy it and randomly junxtaposition arbitrary words to the right and left. Of course, lots of brains go into deciding where to put the punctuation.

Talking of punchlines, Microsoft used to have Where do you want to go today? till some time ago. I wonder if discovery of Linux got them to coin this one! Legend has it that when software started coming out with the requisite "Requires Windows 98 or better", did people start using Linux. Better, ain't it? What do I know? Being naive comes naturally to me. I am dumb. Profit from it!

No comments: