Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Late Night Ramblings about Seeking Him

Barson mein tere naam pe khaata raha fareb
Mere Khuda kahan hai tu, apna pata to de

It seems to me that there is a very fine difference (of which I'm not fully aware) between being agnostic and being a modern day Punjabi Hindu, like me. I mean if I am to ask myself, or my parents for that matter, about The One (no, we're not talking about Neo here), not sure if we can be talking for more than a few minutes. I think I/they know more about and are more inclined to Sikhism than Hinduism. Another complaint of mine is that Hinduism is way too complex to be born in 1981 and find an easily "assimilatable" version of it. Someone help me.

Manzil na de charag na de, haunsla to de

Tinke ka hi sahi tu magar aasara to de

But at the end of the (tough) day I still seek Him. How real am I being? How real is He? Is this Identity Crisis?

Beshak mere naseeb pe rakh apna ikhtiyaar
Lekin mere naseeb kya hai bataa to de?

Who am I kidding? May be "destiny" was just misheard, the Creater actually meant "destination", such that only at the end of the journey, called Life, would one know what destiny was.

Maine yeh kab kaha ke mere haq mein ho jawab
Lekin khaamosh kyon hai tu, koi faisla to de

Will I turn rightfully religious or atheist? Will the heavens answer? Will I spend more time just as ill-informed, un-enlightened as this day? I don't know.

Screw it, its time to sleep! If I wake up, there is God. (Easy, isn't it?)

No comments: