Sunday, May 16, 2004

The beautiful

Here I was, a maverick, a geek and a nerd,
With a world of my own, a free spirited bird,
Dreaming of myself, white backdrop and a stick,
All mirage all over, no men, no brick.

Along came a day, when our paths met,
I fancied you, never escaping a fret,
There you were, a princess of a million dreams,
A dreamer, me, little substance, lesser streams.

I let the feelings stay, the expression tarry,
But it seems an age, no longer can I carry,
These meaningless thoughts, this ephemeral dew,
Not possible it is, to see and talk and not love you.

For mere mortals, like me, can never vie,
A lovely life, immortality, having never to die
I ask you, pretty woman, to think I'm gone,
I'll retire those feelings, make this heart a stone.

Such a lovely, adorable thing you have been,
Rule those million dreams, princess, be the queen
May you be happy, blessed, chirpy and cheerful
Dear Lord, do you make the mortals and the beautiful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rahul,

Really nice...very in depth I must say.