Sunday, September 25, 2005

Katrina, Rita and Parizad

Well, if you too have been wondering where these creative names for these cyclones, that have been hitting the hit-by-outsourcing land, came from, here's the link.

For one, it does add some fun in the lives of people. In my case, I'm just waiting for some colleague in Mumbai to ask me, "Where's Rita?" to which I can reply with a smartass "Duh!" (Rita is our colleague in the US.)

Or may be like Shekhar Suman used on The Great Indian Laughter Champions, "Suna hai Katrina ne Bharat ke ilawava USA mein bhi tabahi macha rakhi hai!".

Ah, the show! Good laughter, great marketing, AWESOME host! I mean I just love Parizad! And to my utter frustration, there just aren't enough photos of hers on the web, though she is such a wallpaper material. Anyway, about the show, I like the idea about retaining people ("champions") whose humor for one has a (flimsy at times) national appeal, while having a strong regional appeal.

Btw, here's my current wallpaper














Paichan Kaun? Duh!

No comments: