Sunday, July 17, 2005

Eric Von Daniken and Google Maps

The register reports about a certain impression, they claim to be of Jesus Christ, in a Peruvian sand dune http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/15/google_spots_jesus/

Well, for me it is only reminiscent of the theory in Eric Von Daniken's (http://www.world-mysteries.com/pex_3.htm) book titled, "Chariots of the Gods". I bought this book around the time I came to Mumbai this Feb. The most interesting aspect of this theory and thus the book was its concurrence with what I was discussing with Kabra in our trip to Shivpuri (The exact location where we discussed this is in the accompanying picture).



One of the things we discussed was our (at least mine) disbelief at accepting that in the billions of years since the earth formed, we (our race, our ancestors) are the most advanced/developed beings than existed. Alright, the veracity of earth's age is also debatable, since we depend on calculations as to earth's age done by our "edition" of earth dwellers.
Cut to Mumbai, and I am set thinking about it again while reading Von Daniken's book.
Cut to the register article, I'm thinking again. Sorry, I meant I'm blogging again!
Adding the other Von Daniken books to the wishlist now...

No comments: