Monday, February 09, 2004

Zombie watcheth

Inspite of promising, I took this long in writing a second blog. Sorry. Thats just me. But I do want to change. Motivation, man, how badly I want that!

Okay, coming to the post meat, I went to Delhi this weekend for a friend's wedding. It was the first time I watched the solemn occasion that closely, I mean there have been shaadis all the time, but somehow I wasn't as watchful of them.

Shaadi apart, the journey to and from Delhi was experience of sorts.
- Watch a drunken brawl in the DTC bus that I was travelling in, one of the moments, I wish I owned a car of my own and had had enough cash to keep me away from this all.
- Just when I got down at Dhaula Kuan, a flurry of khakhis are there gheroing everyone and asking them to stop right there. I just thought a few hours later I'd be on TV talking of some "attack" or something happening. But no, that was a politician attacking! It (the politician) was supposed to be visiting DSOI nearby, thus the barricade. Minister-o-Ridiculousia. I thought this kind of near curfew situation was to be seen only in the peak militancy days in Punjab. I thought the feeling of being a second-grade citizen would be one's own in a foreign country. I thought it was peace time. I thought I was as much an Indian.
- On my way back, I witnessed a bus conductor being rude with passengers who were objecting to the bus being halted for over 10 minutes at each stop. Reminded me of a post at Atanu's Blog about how much of a gap exists between the civilized and uncivilized, about how the under privileged are overly rude, about how I detest when people plead money for such "children of lesser a God"
- Watched my self being happy post daaru session at the marriage :)

Rambling et al, it ends here.

No comments: